Buah Durian Musang King or Musang King Durian is a sharp thorny tropical fruit which is also known as Mao Shan Wang or Durian Kunyit with a scienctific name of D197. This tropical fruit is expensive and sought after due to its taste, texture and flavor.Its flesh is thick and creamy with a small seed of almost flat and sweet with a little bit bitter.
It is growing well in tropical countries like Malaysia, Indonesia,Thailand,Brunei and northern part of Australia.
The trees can start bearing fruits after 5-6 years after planting especially when you are adopting Sustainable Agricultural Practices Of Musang King Durian Planting.
The flesh of the fruits can eaten fresh or to be made into fermented durian called “tempoyak” and also used as a flavor of a wide variety of sweet, edibles of traditional Malay candy as “ice kacang, dodol,lempok”,rose biscuit, icecream,milkshakes mooncakes, cappuccino and pulut durian (glutinous rice mixed with coconut milk added with durian flesh)
Discounted Price: RM35.00
Product details of ANAK POKOK DURIAN MUSANG KING D197 – 1 POKOK
- Clone No: D 197
- Local Name: Raja Kunyit or Musang King or Mau Shan Wang or Cat Mountain King
- Remarks: Fruit shape is oval to ellipsoid and has a light green husk. It has a thick, golden yellow flesh, very smooth with little or no fibres. Sticky and creamy texture. Sweet and bitter taste. Mau Shan Wang is the most popular variety at present.
- It is very interesting to note that the word “musang” here does not referred to the civet cat but rather to the region “Gua Musang” where this clone was first planted and became very popular among the farmers there.
- Date Registered: 9.12.1993
- Origin (Owner/Place): Wee Chong Beng, Tanah Merah, Kelantan